Spectres of the Last War
Once part of the Sovereign Host, the Dark Six are now considered to be their own pantheon. The two groups still share many similarities, such as the idea of a god influencing things within its dominion. But the Dark Six holds sway over baser, more violent aspects of life than the Sovereign Host. Most Vassals (they use the same term for their worshippers) also differ from those of the Sovereign Host in that they usually choose to venerate one deity of the Dark Six above the others. Worship of the Dark Six is hidden and often outlawed in most civilized regions of Khorvaire. Darguun and Droaam are the two major power centers for the faith. The deities of the Dark Six are:
- The Devourer—The Sovereign of Wave and Whelm, he is the god of nature’s destructive aspects, of famine, and of the deep oceans. Brother to Arawai.
- The Fury—The Sovereign of Rage and Ruin, she is the goddess of anger, insanity, and passion. Daughter to Arawai and the Devourer.
- The Keeper—The Sovereign of Death and Decay, god of death, greed, hunger, and time. He alone of all the gods can snatch a soul before it reaches Dolurrh. Son of Olladra and Onatar, twin brother to Kol Korran.
- The Mockery—The Sovereign of Betrayal and Bloodshed, god of combat, dishonor, murder, terror and treachery. Brother to Dol Arrah and Dol Dorn.
- The Shadow—The Sovereign of Magic and Mayhem, it is the literal shadow of Aureon and god of arcane magic, corruption, darkness, and duality.
- The Traveler—The Sovereign of Chaos and Change, is the only one of the Dark Six not inherently evil. It is the god of chaos, deception, invention, and transformation.